2 medium size, firm, ripe avocados
2 tbsp. olive oil
4 large EGGS
salt and pepper
1/2 tsp. ground pepper
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
Yields: 4 servings
- PREHEAT oven to 375°F. LINE a baking sheet with aluminum foil. FORM 4 circular rings out of aluminum foil to use in keeping the avocados upright for prepping and baking.
- SLICE the avocados and remove the pits. PLACE avocados inside the foil rings on the baking sheet and BRUSH with olive oil. SCOOP out a hole where the pit was. Hole should be large enough to hold one broken egg.
- BREAK an egg into the center of each of the avocados, being careful to keep the yolks intact. SPRINKLE with salt and pepper.
- BAKE until egg whites are completely set and yolks begin to thicken but are not hard, about 15 minutes.
- TOP with parsley and ground pepper and serve.