- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 ½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 12oz pkg. semisweet chocolate chips, melted & cooled
- 3 large EGGS, room temperature
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. peppermint extract
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 1/4 cup crushed peppermint candies or candy canes
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar, for rolling
1. MIX flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
2. BEAT 2 cups sugar, cooled chocolate, eggs, oil, and peppermint extract in mixer bowl on medium speed until blended. Gradually ADD flour mixture, beating on low speed until blended.
3. REFRIGERATE, covered, until firm enough to shape, about 1 hour or overnight.
4. HEAT oven to 350°F. MIX powdered sugar and crushed candy in a small bowl. Work with 1/3 of the dough at a time, keeping the remaining dough refrigerated. SHAPE dough into 1-inch balls; ROLL in granulated sugar first and then in crushed candy mixture. PLACE two inches apart on parchment paper-lined or ungreased baking sheets.
5. BAKE in 350°F oven until lightly browned, 8 to 10 minutes. COOL on baking sheets 1 to 2 minutes. REMOVE to wire racks; cool completely.
· How to keep your cookies white: Roll the cookie dough ball in granulated sugar before rolling it in the powdered sugar and crushed candy cane mix.
· Chilled dough is easier to handle and holds its shape better.
Per Serving: 1 cookie Calories 80 Total fat: 3.28 g Saturated fat: 1.0 g Polyunsaturated fat: 1.0 g Monounsaturated fat: 1.0 g Cholesterol: 10 mg Sodium: 25 mg Carbohydrates 14 g Dietary fiber: 0 g Protein: 1 g Sugar: 10 g Vitamin A: 3 mcg Vitamin D: 0 mcg Folate: 9 mcg Calcium: 11 mg Iron: 0 Choline: 8 mg Potassium 29 mg