12 large EGGS
1/2 cup water
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
3/4 cup finely shredded Italian cheese blend
2 cups cooked asparagus pieces
6 slices bacon, cooked, crumbled
Yields: 6 servings
- BEAT eggs, water, salt and pepper in a blender or large bowl until blended.
- COAT 6- to 8-inch nonstick omelet pan or skillet with cooking spray. HEAT over medium-high heat until hot. POUR in 1/2 cup egg mixture. Mixture should set immediately at edges.
- Gently PUSH cooked portions from edges toward the center with inverted turner so that uncooked eggs can reach the hot pan surface. CONTINUE cooking, tilting pan and gently moving cooked portions as needed.
- When top surface of eggs is thickened and no visible liquid egg remains, PLACE 2 Tbsp. cheese on one side of the omelet; ADD one-sixth of the fillings if desired. FOLD omelet in half with turner. With a quick flip of the wrist, TURN pan and INVERT or SLIDE omelet onto plate.
- REPEAT to make five more omelets. REFRIGERATE omelets, covered. To serve, REHEAT omelets, covered in the microwave on high 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or until hot.