|red onion, diced||
|red bell pepper||
|garlic cloves, minced||
|baby spinach, torn into bite size pieces||
|jarred sun-dried tomatoes, chopped||
|crumbled feta, and extra for garnish||
|seasoned breadcrumbs for mixture and ¼ cup for topping||
|Kalamata olives, chopped||
|salt & pepper||
- PREHEAT oven to 400° F.
- SLICE zucchinis in half lengthwise then use a spoon to carefully SCOOP out the center (reserve).
- CHOP reserved zucchini flesh into bite-size pieces then SAUTÉ in olive oil along with diced red onion and red bell peppers until softened and all moisture has evaporated (about 5 minutes).
- ADD oregano, fresh garlic, and baby spinach and COOK until fragrant (about 1 minute longer). SEASON with salt and pepper to taste.
- ADD to a bowl along with sun-dried tomatoes, feta, breadcrumbs, and Kalamata olives.
- WHISK eggs and then ADD to the mixture.
- SPRAY both sides of your zucchini boats with olive oil, SEASON with salt and pepper, and then FILL with your stuffing. TOP with more breadcrumbs, SPRAY the filled boats with olive oil again, and then BAKE for 20 minutes.
- GARNISH with more feta and fresh parsley.