|red onion, finely chopped||
|red bell pepper, small diced||
|jalapeños, small diced||
|tomato passata (thick, coulis-style)||
|cooked lentils, unsalted||
|finely chopped cilantro||
- HEAT oil in a large skillet on medium heat. FRY the garlic until it’s lightly golden and begins to release its aroma.
- ADD the onion and continue to FRY until it’s light golden – about 3 minutes.
- STIR in the pepper and jalapeno and COOK for 2 minutes.
- TURN the heat to low and ADD the paprika and cumin. STIR for a few seconds. Be careful to not burn the spices.
- Once the spices release their flavor, FOLLOW with the tomato passata and ½ tsp salt followed by the lentils. STIR gently. INCREASE the heat to medium-low so the mixture begins to simmer.
- Use a medium-sized spoon to CREATE a well in the tomato-lentil sauce and CRACK an egg into it. Gently, POUR some of the sauce over the egg whites in order to “contain” the egg. REPEAT this process with the remaining five eggs. SPRINKLE with ¼ tsp salt and COVER immediately. COOK for 5-6 minutes on low heat.
- REMOVE the cover and CHECK that the eggs are cooked. The egg white should be opaque and the yolk cooked as desired.
- REMOVE from heat and FINISH by garnishing with olives and cilantro. ENJOY!