- 12 oz. red onion (1 large)
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 lb., 8 oz. frozen vegetable patties (12)
- 12 large eggs
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. green hot pepper sauce
- 1 lb., 8 oz. whole grain or whole wheat English muffins (12), toasted and kept warm
- Approx. 8 oz. American process cheese slices (12)
Yields: 12 servings
- Cut onion in half, then slice each half into 6 slices. In a large skillet or on a griddle, sauté onions in oil until soft, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove onions; keep warm.
- Wipe out pan, coat with cooking spray. Add veggie patties; cook over medium heat until browned and cooked through, about 5 minutes per side. Remove patties from pan/griddle; keep warm.
- Fry eggs in small batches in spray-coated pan on first side; turn over and continue cooking for about 2 to 3 minutes over medium heat until whites are set (completely coagulated and firm) and yolks begin to thicken (no longer runny, but not hard).
- Blend mayonnaise and hot pepper sauce.
- For each sandwich, spread 1 tablespoon mayonnaise on English muffin bottom. Top with a vegetable patty, layer with egg, a slice of cheese, and 1 tablespoon onions. Add muffin top. Serve immediately.