|unsalted butter, softened||
|all purpose flour||
|Diamond crystal kosher salt||
|toasted, sliced almonds||
|semi-sweet chocolate chips||
- PREHEAT the oven to 325F. LINE a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- ADD butter and sugar to a large mixing bowl. CREAM together until well combined. ADD eggs, one at a time, and MIX until well combined. ADD vanilla and almond extract and MIX to incorporate. ADD flour, baking powder, kosher salt, sliced almonds, and chocolate chips, and MIX until evenly combined.
- TRANSFER dough to a baking sheet and use damp hands to SHAPE into an 11”x4” log.
- BAKE until puffed and very lightly browned around the edges, about 25-30 minutes.
- REMOVE from the oven and LET COOL for 5 minutes or until cool enough to handle. CUT crosswise into 12-14 1”-thick slices of biscotti.
- TRANSFER to a parchment-lined baking sheet cut side up. BAKE again until lightly browned, about 14-16 minutes.
- REMOVE from the oven and LET COOL completely.
- Store in an airtight container or plastic bag for up to 2 weeks.