|red onion, julienned||
|Persian cucumber, julienned||
|apple cider vinegar||
|white sesame seeds||
|Salt to taste|
- MARINATE julienned vegetables in vinegar, sugar, and kosher salt for at least one hour but up to three days.
- SET UP a bamboo steamer or other similar steamer. ADD bao buns to steam, approximately four minutes.
- Meanwhile, WHISK eggs and SCRAMBLE in nonstick pan on medium heat; stirring and scraping sides with rubber spatula to prevent browning. Once eggs are 80% cooked, TURN OFF heat and COVER pan with lid to allow eggs to finish cooking by steam.
- When eggs are finished, SEASON with salt and cover with sesame seeds. Then CUT into four equal pieces.
- To assemble, REMOVE bao from steamer and PLACE portion of eggs on each; TOP with pickled vegetables and DRIZZLE with oyster sauce.