|Chopped white onion||
|Pork, beef or soy chorizo||
1 9oz. package
|Shredded mozzarella cheese, divided||
|Gold potatoes, peeled and chopped in small cubes||
|Cherry tomatoes, sliced in half||
|Fresh cilantro, finely chopped||
- PREHEAT oven to 375° F. SPRAY a 10x10x1.5-inch oven-safe casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray. SET aside.
- ROAST poblanos over an open flame. Carefully TURN with tongs until chilies are charred on all sides. TRANSFER to a plastic zip bag or a container with a lid to steam for 10 minutes.
- While the chilies steam, HEAT oil in a large skillet. ADD onion and cook for 3 minutes or until onion begins to soften. ADD chorizo, STIR breaking up into crumbles until chorizo cooks through – about 8 minutes. REMOVE from heat and SET aside.
- SCRAPE charred skins off poblanos with a spoon or knife. SLICE open and REMOVE stems and seeds.
- COMBINE eggs, milk, and salt in a large bowl. BEAT until well combined.
- ARRANGE peeled poblanos on the bottom of prepared casserole dish. ADD chorizo crumbles arranged in an even layer. TOP with ½ cup shredded cheese and potatoes evenly sprinkled over chorizo. POUR egg mixture over layers. TOP with jalapeño slices, remaining cheese, cherry tomato halves, and pepper. COVER with aluminum foil and BAKE for 70 minutes or until egg is cooked through and edges are golden and firm. REMOVE from oven and LET REST for 10 minutes. SPRINKLE with fresh cilantro, SLICE, and SERVE.