Eggs Benedict Breakfast BarReturn to Full Recipe List Print Recipe
|English muffins, split and toasted||
|large EGG yolks||
|(1 stick) firm cold butter, cut into 8 pieces||
- PREHEAT oven to 350°F. ADD 1 Tbsp. water to each cup of a 12-cup muffin pan. CRACK egg into each cup. BAKE for 10 to 12 minutes or until egg whites are set but yolks are still runny or until desired doneness. COOL for 1 minute. REMOVE each egg using slotted spoon and PLACE on paper towel-lined plate to drain.
- HOLLANDAISE: WHISK egg yolks, water and lemon juice in small saucepan until blended. COOK over very low heat, stirring constantly until mixture bubbles at the edges. STIR in butter, one piece at a time, until butter is melted and sauce is thickened. REMOVE from heat immediately. STIR in salt, paprika and pepper.
- TOP each English muffin half with Customized Toppings (see Insider Information), oven-poached egg and Hollandaise.
- Protein: Cooked crispy bacon, smoked salmon slices, crabmeat, lobster, or caviar.
- Vegetables: Sautéed spinach or kale, or avocado slices.
- Herbs and Seasonings: Fresh chives, tarragon or basil, chopped capers, black olives, or sun-dried tomatoes. Cajun, Tex-Mex, Italian, harissa, Herbes de Provence, curry powder, or za’atar spice mix.
- This recipe is an excellent source of choline, folate, vitamin A, and protein.
Per Serving: 1/6th of Recipe