6 hard-boiled EGGS, sliced
2 avocados, chopped
1 cup tomato, chopped
1/2 cup red onion, chopped
1/4 cup fresh parsley or cilantro, chopped
6 cups spinach leaves
2 Tbsp. mayonnaise
2 Tbsp. sour cream
1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
1/3 tsp. hot pepper sauce
Yields: 6 servings
- MIX dressing ingredients in small bowl.
- RESERVE and REFRIGERATE 6 center slices from eggs for garnish. CHOP remaining eggs.
- COMBINE chopped eggs, avocados, tomato, onion and parsley in large bowl; TOSS gently to mix. ADD dressing and STIR gently just until ingredients are evenly coated with dressing.
- REFRIGERATE at least 1 hour to blend flavors. SERVE on spinach leaves, TOPPED with reserved egg slices.
To hard-boil eggs:
- PLACE eggs in saucepan large enough to hold them in single layer. ADD cold water to cover eggs by 1 inch. HEAT over high heat just to boiling.
- REMOVE from burner. COVER pan. LET EGGS STAND in hot water about 15 minutes for large eggs (12 minutes for medium eggs; 18 minutes for extra-large eggs).
- DRAIN immediately. COOL completely under cold running water or in bowl of ice water, then REFRIGERATE.
- Hard-boiled eggs are easiest to peel right after cooling. Cooling causes the egg to contract slightly in the shell.