|pie dough (2 doughs)||
1 14 oz pack
|finely grated parmesan||
1 cup +
|chopped thick cut pancetta||
|freshly chopped chives||
- PREHEAT oven to 350-degrees Fahrenheit.
- UNROLL pie dough and use a 3 1/2” round cookie cutter to CUT 6 discs from each dough.
- TRANSFER dough circles to a muffin tin, gently pressing each disc into the sides and edges of the muffin cup.
- PLACE a square of parchment or foil inside each shell and FILL with bake weights or dried beans.
- BAKE for 15 minutes, turning halfway through, or until top edge of crust is lightly browned.
- REMOVE tray from oven and carefully REMOVE the bake weights. (They will be hot!) RETURN crusts to oven for another 3-5 minutes or until inside of crust has lightly browned.
- COOL quiche shells completely.
- Meanwhile, HEAT a large skillet over medium-high heat and COOK pancetta until lightly brown and crispy, about 5 minutes. DRAIN fat and TRANSFER to a paper towel-lined plate.
- In a liquid measuring cup or medium bowl, COMBINE eggs, milk, cream, nutmeg, salt, and pepper, whisking lightly until just mixed together. SET aside.
- Once shells have cooled, DIVIDE grated parmesan, chives, and pancetta evenly between each shell.
- POUR egg mixture into each shell, filling nearly to the top, and BAKE for approximately 25 minutes, or until centers are firm with a slight wobble.
- SERVE topped with extra parmesan if desired.