|goat cheese, softened||
|finely chopped fresh parsley, divided||
|finely chopped fresh chives||
|finely chopped fresh dill||
|clove garlic, minced||
|(17 oz. pkg.) frozen puff pastry, thawed according to package directions||
|cherry tomatoes, sliced||
|each salt and pepper||
- PREHEAT oven to 425°F. COMBINE goat cheese, 1 tbsp. parsley, chives, dill, garlic, and lemon zest until smooth and spreadable.
- PLACE pastry on a lightly floured surface. ROLL into 9-inch square. CUT into 4 even portions. SCORE 1/2-inch border on all sides of pastry squares with a sharp knife. PRICK pastry all over inside score lines with a fork. PLACE on a large parchment paper–lined baking sheet. TRANSFER to freezer for 5 minutes.
- BEAT 1 egg with 1 tbsp. water; set aside. SPREAD goat cheese mixture evenly inside score lines of each pastry square. BRUSH border of each pastry with egg wash.
- BAKE for 12 to 15 minutes or until pastry is lightly golden. REMOVE baking sheet from oven. CRACK egg into the center of each pastry. TOP evenly with tomato slices. RETURN to oven; bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until whites are set and eggs are cooked to desired doneness. SEASON with salt and pepper. GARNISH with remaining parsley.
- Substitute tarragon or basil for dill if desired.
- Alternatively, use store-bought herbed goat cheese or your favorite flavored goat cheese for a quick substitution.
- This recipe is an excellent source of protein and choline and a good source of vitamin A.
Per Serving: 1/4th of Recipe