6 large EGGS
2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil, divided
1 medium bell pepper, trimmed and diced into 1/2-inch pieces
2 cups pre-cut matchstick carrots
1 Tbsp. less-sodium teriyaki sauce, plus more for drizzling
2 Tbsp. water
kosher salt and black pepper
2 green onions, trimmed and cut into thin rounds, divided
1 large head Boston Bibb lettuce, leaves removed, washed, and dried (12 leaves)
cilantro leaves, optional
Yields: 4 servings
- HEAT 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. ADD the bell pepper and COOK, about 5 minutes. STIR in the carrots and continue to COOK until tender, 2 more minutes.
- TRANSFER the vegetables to a bowl and STIR in the teriyaki sauce until well combined.
- BREAK the eggs into a large bowl. ADD the water and half the green onions and WHISK until well combined. SEASON with black pepper and kosher salt.
- ADD the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil to the skillet over medium heat. POUR the egg mixture into the skillet and SET for about 1 minute. SCRAMBLE the egg, and COOK through, about 1 more minute.
- ARRANGE the lettuce leaves on a platter and TOP with scrambled eggs and veggies. GARNISH with the remaining green onion and the cilantro, as desired.
Per serving: 1 serving
Total fat: 14 g
Saturated fat: 3 g
Polyunsaturated fat: 2.5 g
Monounsaturated fat: 7.75 g
Cholesterol: 279 mg
Sodium: 232 mg
Carbohydrates: 10 g
Fiber: 3 g
Sugar: 5 g
Protein: 11 g
Vitamin A: 717 mcg
Vitamin D: 1.5 mcg
Folate: 82 mcg
Choline: 230 mg
Calcium: 78 mg
Iron: 2 mg
Potassium: 436 mg
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, choline and vitamin A.