2 large EGGS
4 oz. fresh Buffalo Mozzarella sliced ½” thick
1 whole lobster (can also use seared scallops or other cooked seafood of choice)
2 Tbsp. butter
1/2 Tbsp. lemon juice (fresh squeezed)
1/4 Tbsp. fresh tarragon, chopped
salt, to taste
1/4 tsp. black pepper
2 slices extra-thick Sourdough “Texas cut” bread
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 Tbsp. fresh chives, chopped
2 Tbsp. roasted Ortega chilies, small dice
1/2 Tbsp. whole grain mustard
Yields: 2 sandwiches
- CUT mozzarella and SET aside.
- BRING a large pot of water to a boil. Once boiling, PLACE lobster in pot and COOK until done, approximately 7 minutes per pound. CHOP cooked lobster into chunks approximately 3/4 inch in size.
- In small saucepan, MELT butter and FOLD in lemon juice, tarragon, salt and pepper to taste. PLACE into mixing bowl.
- COAT one side of the bread with mayonnaise and SEAR coated side down in same saucepan with butter on medium/high heat.
- PLACE remaining mayonnaise into separate mixing bowl and FOLD in chopped chives, salt, pepper, whole grain mustard and Ortega chilies.
- SLATHER the inside of both sides of bread with mayo mix, PILE lobster on, TOP off with mozzarella slices. PLACE in 375-degree oven and MELT cheese, PUT out, CUT and LET the gooiness drip all over.
- In a small frying pan, COOK one egg sunny-side up. PLACE on top of melted cheese and lobster.
The Incredible Egg partnered with FoodBeast on the creation of this recipe.
Per serving: 1/2 of recipe
Total fat: 71 g
Saturated fat: 23 g
Polyunsaturated fat: 26 g
Monounsaturated fat: 15 g
Cholesterol: 375 mg
Sodium: 1563 mg
Carbohydrates: 32 g
Fiber: 1 g
Sugar: 2 g
Protein: 35 g
Vitamin A: 190 mcg
Vitamin D: 1 mcg
Folate: 35 mcg
Choline: 221 mg
Calcium: 426 mg
Iron: 3 mg
Potassium: 246 mg
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, choline and vitamin A.